Monday, July 30, 2012

In Which I Am All At Sea. As Usual.


Pauline, popular proprietor of the peerless "Pauline’s Pirates and Privateers" potpourri, has done yours truly the undeserved honor of having me guest-post at her site. I discuss the mysterious and fatal voyage of the good ship Glendower a century ago. The story has nothing to do with Poe, but I’m sure the old boy would have found it a wonderful piece of work for M. Dupin.

I hope you like the essay, but, in any case, stop wasting your time around here and go read the archives of Pauline’s site, if you haven’t already. You’ll learn more than you ever will hanging around this disreputable online neighborhood of mine.

(A footnote: In a curious coincidence, it was on this date in 1838 that "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym" was published. What better time for strange sea stories?)

No comments:

Post a Comment